Dynamic Analysis Course
This course is for those engineers who
have taken the Basic Static Analysis course, or through experience, are competent in basic GT STRUDL
capabilities.The objective of this course is to achieve an advanced level of competence in the use of GT STRUDL by
structural engineers who are involved in the modelling of structural systems for dynamic analysis. The main topics
of the course are as follows:
- Overview of dynamic analysis features of GT STRUDL
and their relationship to static analysis.
- Modeling structures for dynamic analysis including
specifications for mass, damping, and dynamic loadings.
- Solving Eigen solution problems with and without
initial stress considerations.
- Creating Peak-Broadened and Enveloped Response Spectrum
families of curves for design purposes.
- Performing structural dynamic response associated with
rigorous Response Spectrum seismic analysis including the missing mass problem, mode combination
methods such as RMS, PRMS, CQC, ALG, ABS, Ten-Percent, Double Sum, Grouping, Gupta, and Lindley-Yow
methodologies, creating resultant seismic response results, and combining response spectrum analysis results with
static analysis results
- Performing structural dynamic response using linear
time history dynamic analysis using mode superposition & direct integration methods, nonlinear time history
dynamic analysis using direct integration methods, maximum response harmonic analysis, and steady state harmonic
- Interpretation and use of dynamic analysis results for
structural design purposes
- Examples of rigorous seismic Response Spectrum dynamic
analysis and time history dynamic analysis will be presented
- The workshop will be used to perform various types of
Note: Attendees should bring their laptops and have administrative priviledge. GT STRUDL will be loaded on the laptop at the start of the course and security keys will be provided for the duration of the course. The instructor will retrieve the security keys from students upon conclusion of the course.
May 2-3, 2017 - Norcross, GA
October 10-11, 2017 - Norcross, GA
Free: 1 800.766.7701 (option 2 for
Email: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org